28 Nov [S3 E11] The One Where I’ve Got Something To Say
The public relations industry is one of the most insecure professions around. They might be universally despised, but traffic wardens believe in themselves more than PR people.
In this episode of the Digital Download podcast I address some of the conversations driving the industry over the last month and take the opportunity to voice some frustrations that have been building recently. It’s a very honest and forthright show containing some potentially divisive views. The intention is to help you think about your own role and where you would like to see the industry go in future.
Here’s what is discussed in this episode:
- Whether many PR agencies supply little more than an administrative function
- Whether there is a large disparity between the approaches of the large agencies and everyone else
- Whether PR is losing the influencer marketing battle
- Whether PR is tackling fake news in any meaningful way
- Whether PR is booming or whether it’s in trouble
- Whether all the introspection is harming public relations
- Why we have to tackle a lack of recognition by doing great work
- Whether the PR industry has a moral obligation to defend and protect the news media
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts I Android Podcast Apps I Email I RSS
Useful Links from Today’s Show
- Walking a Path Never Taken by Ella Minty
- Public Relations in 2019 by Stephen Waddington
- PR Must Act to Defend the News Media by Nigel Sarbutts
What to do Next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please email it to a friend and/or share it on your favourite social media channels. You might also want to check out Digital Download Membership, which is like having an army of expert mentors to turn to who keep you updated with the latest digital and social media developments and provide feedback and opinions on your ideas.
And finally, it would also be very awesome and hugely appreciated if you’d be able to take a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, as this helps others discover Digital Download.