31 Oct [S3 E7] How Digital Is Transforming When & Where We Work
Advances in digital communications technology over the last few years have made the ability to work from anywhere at any time a reality. Whether it’s automated processes or a greater ability to share information quickly and effectively, the world of PR work is changing rapidly before our eyes.
In this episode of the Digital Download podcast I talk to Rich Leigh, founder of Radioactive PR, about his decision to switch his agency to a four day work week without cutting pay. We discuss what prompted the initial idea, how clients and staff reacted after an initial trial, what enabled him to make the change a permanent one, and whether others should or will follow suit.
Here’s what is discussed in this episode:
- How the idea for a four day work week came about
- How you can balance conscientiousness, hard work, reward & fun
- How processes & technology are changing within the PR industry
- How digital technology facilitates better working processes & ways of working
- Why doing something different to make people feel valued attracts talent
- Why the profit margin of a business is not the be all and end all
- Why PR agencies no longer need big London offices
- How clients respond to innovative initiatives like a four day work week
- What is the impact on work/life balance
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts I Android Podcast Apps I Email I RSS
What to do Next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please email it to a friend and/or share it on your favourite social media channels. You might also want to check out Digital Download Membership, which is like having an army of expert mentors to turn to who keep you updated with the latest digital and social media developments and provide feedback and opinions on your ideas.
And finally, it would also be very awesome and hugely appreciated if you’d be able to take a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, as this helps others discover Digital Download.