19 Jul [S2 E11] The Importance of Humanity in a Digital World
In the final episode of Season Two of the Digital Download podcast, we take a look at some of the major themes to have emerged from the show during the last three months. MD of Carrot Communications and co-founder of Polpeo Kate Hartley and I discuss how, despite the podcast being primarily about how digital technology is impacting the communications industry, the outstanding message to come through is one of humanity. We talk about what this means in terms of technologies including social media and artificial intelligence and speculate as to how the marketing communications industry may develop with this in mind.
Here’s what is discussed in this episode:
- How the value of true community is being reinforced by technological developments
- Why humanity shines through as the connecting block of all technologies
- Why being honest, transparent and vulnerable are so important in marketing today
- What the balance is between robots and being vulnerable
- Why the posturing and bullshit inherent in marketing must die out
- How it will be individuals who drive the industry forward
- Why taking personal responsibility for your career is a must
- Why developing an entrepreneurial mindset is important
- Why we have no choice but to take artificial intelligence seriously
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts I Android Podcast Apps I Email I RSS
What to do Next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please email it to a friend and/or share it on your favourite social media channels. You might also want to check out Digital Download Membership, which is like having an army of expert mentors to turn to who keep you updated with the latest digital and social media developments and provide feedback and opinions on your ideas.
And finally, it would also be very awesome and hugely appreciated if you’d be able to take a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, as this helps others discover Digital Download.
Thanks for listening!