13 Jun [S2 E6] Give a Robot a Cuddle: A Review of Digital Download Live 2018
This episode of the Digital Download podcast was recorded live at Digital Download Live 2018. The event presented a challenging set of developments for the communications industry that necessitate ensuring you are up-to-speed with technological change, namely fake news, a potential crash in influencer marketing, the decline of content visibility and the threat of artificial intelligence. In today’s show, some of those attending Digital Download Live 2018 discuss what they heard at the event and what they feel we should do about it.
Here’s what’s discussed in this episode:
- how important the human element of communications is
- why we have to start investing in software tools now
- how our job roles are changing
- what software is already out there to help us
- how people historically adapt to technological revolutions
- how we can’t tell the difference between machine and human writing
- what can communications teams do now to adapt to technological change
- how and why fake news is affecting perceptions of the PR and communications industry
- how data privacy is muddying the water still further for brands
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts I Android Podcast Apps I Email I RSS
What to do Next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please email it to a friend and/or share it on your favourite social media channels. You might also want to check out Digital Download Membership, which is like having an army of expert mentors to turn to who keep you updated with the latest digital and social media developments and provide feedback and opinions on your ideas.
And finally, it would also be very awesome and hugely appreciated if you’d be able to take a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, as this helps others discover Digital Download.
Thanks for listening!