06 Jun [S2 E5] The Secrets of Ultimate Instagram Creativity
Instagram is arguably the most creative of all of the social media channels, and yet so many brands, companies and marketers struggle with how to utilise it. While many corporate accounts are dull and predictable, there are individuals using Instagram to build their personal brands in highly creative ways, and it is from these examples that inspiration can be taken.
In this episode of the Digital Download podcast I talk to Bronte Huskinson about her phenomenal rise from 3000 to 42,000 Instagram followers in just nine months. Bronte’s approach to the platform is one of the most creative I have ever seen, and in today’s show she lets us into the secrets of where she finds her own inspiration and how to grow a large and loyal following based purely on creativity and without resorting to silly tricks like follow-for-follow and Instapods.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why it is important to have a concept and creative theme for your profile
- Why having a strategic goal is so important
- Why it is important to mix up content types
- What apps are good for cinemagraphs, stop motion and videos
- Where to find inspiration for creative ideas
- Why should be guided but not afraid of negative responses and comments
- How to get featured by Instagram and the power of this
- How long you need to spend on images in order to create consistent quality
- Whether you should shoot in batches or one-offs
- Whether you need a camera or can get by with your mobile phone
- Why the first hour after you post is so important
- Why regramming has great value for those brands doing it
- How to work with Instagrammers on sponsored posts
- Why brands need to trust Instagrammers’ own creativity
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts I Android Podcast Apps I Email I RSS
What to do Next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please email it to a friend and/or share it on your favourite social media channels. You might also want to check out Digital Download Membership, which is like having an army of expert mentors to turn to who keep you updated with the latest digital and social media developments and provide feedback and opinions on your ideas.
And finally, it would also be very awesome and hugely appreciated if you’d be able to take a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, as this helps others discover Digital Download.
Thanks for listening!