22 May [S2 E3] How Artificial Intelligence is Impacting PR & Communications
The CIPR’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) panel has published new research revealing the impact of AI on public relations and communications practice. It highlights where AI is already impacting skills, predicts the impact on the profession in the next five years and makes interesting and, depending on your perspective, challenging reading for anyone working in communications.
In this episode of the Digital Download podcast, I talk to past President of the CIPR Stephen Waddington, who is leading the #AIinPR panel, to unpack the new report. We look at the impact that technology is already having on PR and communications, discuss how this will increasingly affect skills and job roles over the next three to five years, and we talk about what communications practitioners need to do in order to protect themselves and take advantage of new opportunities.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- What the purpose of the CIPR’s #AIinPR panel is
- What the findings of the panel’s first report are
- What is true artificial intelligence and what is simply automation
- Which PR skills don’t contain an element of AI, and which are under threat
- Which job roles are most at threat from artificial intelligence
- What are the AI opportunities for communicators
- Why PR has to evolve to being a management function rather than a tactical discipline
- Why communicators have to invest in software tools
- What the adoption and impact of AI is likely to be in the next five years
- Why voice marketing is such an important technological trend for PR
- Why it is vital to seek out information, training and professional learning
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts I Android Podcast Apps I Email I RSS
Useful Links from Today’s Show
- Research Project Reveals Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Public Relations from the CIPR
- #AIinPR hashtag on Twitter
- PR as a Management Discipline podcast
- How Voice Recognition is Impacting PR & Comms podcast
- The Cluetrain Manifesto
- Artificial Intelligence in PR latest from Wadds.co.uk
What to do Next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please email it to a friend and/or share it on your favourite social media channels. You might also want to check out Digital Download Membership, which is like having an army of expert mentors to turn to who keep you updated with the latest digital and social media developments and provide feedback and opinions on your ideas.
And finally, it would also be very awesome and hugely appreciated if you’d be able to take a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, as this helps others discover Digital Download.
Thanks for listening!