15 May [S2 E2] How Brands Can Exploit the Podcasting Boom
Podcasting has undergone a massive resurgence in popularity over the last couple of years, and the boom shows no signs whatsoever of slowing down. In fact, with Google entering the fray listening could as much as double in the next two to three years. Communications professionals, however, seem to be reluctant to embrace podcasts as a medium perhaps due to unfamiliarity with the technology and processes.
In this episode of the Digital Download podcast, I talk to MD of Brighter Comms and self-confessed podcast geek Sara Robinson in a bid to demystify the content form of the moment. We chat about why the opportunity for PR is ripe and how, if they act quickly, brands can leverage podcasting to maximise their messaging.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How popular podcasting has become and why it’s booming
- How voice recognition technology and Google are further driving podcast adoption
- When and where people listen to podcasts
- Why people listen to podcasts
- What sort of people listen to podcasts
- What the opportunity is for brands
- Why research and audience insight are key
- What makes good content for a podcast
- Why PR and communications has such a great opportunity due to storytelling
- Why the barriers to entry for podcasting are low
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts I Android Podcast Apps I Email I RSS
Useful Links from Today’s Show
- 2018 Podcast Statistics and Facts from Podcast Insights
- Seven Reasons Your Brand Needs a Podcast from Spin Sucks
- Inside the New Google Podcasts Strategy That Could Double Audiences from Pacific Content
- RAJAR Midas Audio Survey
- Digital Download Live podcasting workshop
What to do Next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please email it to a friend and/or share it on your favourite social media channels. You might also want to check out Digital Download Membership, which is like having an army of expert mentors to turn to who keep you updated with the latest digital and social media developments and provide feedback and opinions on your ideas.
And finally, it would also be very awesome and hugely appreciated if you’d be able to take a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, as this helps others discover Digital Download.
Thanks for listening!