09 May [S2 E1] How to Use Digital Media to Become Known
Personal branding is a term that few people like, but that many people understand the huge value of. We all have a personal brand, whether or not we like it or whether we understand what it is.
In the first episode in Season Two of the Digital Download podcast, I talk to blogger, podcaster, speaker and author Mark Schaefer about his new book ‘Known’ and ask the question: is it really possible for anyone to become known? And if so, how?
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why you can start to build a personal brand no matter where you are in your life
- Why no-one cares what you’ve achieved to date
- Why you have a personal brand whether you like it or not
- What the four key ingredients are to becoming known
- Why and how to define what you want to be known for
- Why you don’t need to (and shouldn’t) be everywhere
- Why it’s important to select the right type of content to suit your personality
- How long it takes to evaluate content and to become known
- Why ‘the hustle’ is not a sustainable approach to business
- How to build an actionable audience
- What role luck has in becoming known
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts I Android Podcast Apps I Email I RSS
Useful Links from Today’s Show
- Known: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age by Mark Schaefer
What to do Next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please email it to a friend and/or share it on your favourite social media channels. You might also want to check out Digital Download Membership, which is like having an army of expert mentors to turn to who keep you updated with the latest digital and social media developments and provide feedback and opinions on your ideas.
And finally, it would also be very awesome and hugely appreciated if you’d be able to take a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, as this helps others discover Digital Download.
Thanks for listening!