21 Feb [S1 E7] Answers for Modern Communicators: a Q&A
Contemporary PR and communications professionals face a challenging but exciting time. The explosion of digital technology, questions over ethical practice, the data revolution and the evolution of both internal and external facing digital platforms has prompted as many questions as it has provided answers.
In this episode of the Digital Download podcast, I seek to answer some of those questions with Deirdre Breakenridge, author of the unique new book ‘Answers for Modern Communicators’. Described as “a reference guide for modern PR practitioners”, the book is intended to provide communications professionals with solutions to their most pressing issues.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why technology has led to ethics having become so important in modern communications
- Why being adaptable is now an essential skill for today’s PR professionals
- How data can create value for PR and how we should use it
- How technology can enable increased collaboration if you allow it to
- Why you need to understand SEO, website behaviour and data analytics
- How important personal branding is to today and what the benefits are to employers
- How important it is to ‘give back’ to the profession that employs you
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts I Android Podcast Apps I Email I RSS
Useful Links from Today’s Show
- Buy Deirdre Breakenridge’s books on Amazon
- PR Expanded
- Women Worldwide podcast on iTunes
- #PRStudChat on Twitter
What to do Next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please email it to a friend and/or share it on your favourite social media channels. You might also want to check out Digital Download Membership, which is like having an army of expert mentors to turn to who keep you updated with the latest digital and social media developments and provide feedback and opinions on your ideas.
And finally, it would also be very awesome and hugely appreciated if you’d be able to take a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, as this helps others discover Digital Download.
Thanks for listening!