13 Feb [S1 E6] What You Need to Know About Website Design
Website design is normally overlooked by communications professionals as ‘the thing that the geeks do’. But if we want our campaigns to fly in an increasingly digital and mobile world, we have to understand some of the basics of website development and web browsers.
In this episode of the Digital Download podcast, I talk to veteran website developer Richard Shea about how website design has changed over the last few years and what communications professionals now need to be aware of in order to optimise campaigns.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Whether web design should take a mobile first or holistic focus
- How much website design is led by Google
- How voice recognition technology is impacting web design
- What the trends in website design are
- How good self-build website platforms like Squarespace are
- Whether and how anyone can now build a good website
- Why WordPress is the king of website content management
- What the most important elements of website design are in 2018
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts I Android Podcast Apps I Email I RSS
Useful Links from Today’s Show
- Mobile Web Usage Overtakes Desktop for First Time from The Telegraph
- The Best Website Builders of 2018 from PC Magazine
- WordPress “Quietly” Powers 27% of the Web from Tech Republic
- New Players Look to Dominate E-commerce from Venturebeat
What to do Next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please email it to a friend and/or share it on your favourite social media channels. You might also want to check out Digital Download Membership, which is like having an army of expert mentors to turn to who keep you updated with the latest digital and social media developments and provide feedback and opinions on your ideas.
And finally, it would also be very awesome and hugely appreciated if you’d be able to take a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, as this helps others discover Digital Download.
Thanks for listening!