23 Jan [S1 E3] How to Maximise Influencer Relationships
When the White Moose Cafe published a scathing review of vlogger Elle Darby’s request for a free five night stay in return for a positive YouTube review, the ensuing storm captured the attention of the world’s media. There are strong arguments to be made on both sides about what does and does not make someone ‘influential’.
In this episode of the Digital Download podcast, one of the UK’s leading parental influencers Emily Leary and I dissect what went wrong in this very public spat, and we discuss the nature of influence and what makes a great brand/influencer relationship.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How to pitch in a meaningful way
- Why researching any pitch is so important
- What separates good influencers from poor ones
- How to engage influencers in the most effective manner
- What you’re paying for when you hire a blogger or vlogger
- How to spot influencers with fake followers and fake engagement
- What makes a great brand/influencer relationship
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts I Android Podcast Apps I Email I RSS
Useful Links from Today’s Show
- Luxury Dublin Hotel Bans All Social Media Influencers on The Independent
- I Was Exposed (SO Embarrassing) from Elle Darby on YouTube
- The White Moose Cafe on Facebook
- The stars of YouTube are right. Why should we have to pay for the things we want? on The Telegraph
What to do Next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please email it to a friend and/or share it on your favourite social media channels. You might also want to check out Digital Download Membership, which is like having an army of expert mentors to turn to who keep you updated with the latest digital and social media developments and provide feedback and opinions on your ideas.
And finally, it would also be very awesome and hugely appreciated if you’d be able to take a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, as this helps others discover Digital Download.
Thanks for listening!