17 Jan [S1 E2] What Does the Future Hold for the PR Industry?
Public relations had a turbulent year in 2017. With a perceived lack of self-confidence and new technologies such as artificial intelligence, messaging bots and voice recognition looming on the horizon, the industry faces a potentially defining 12 months ahead.
In this episode of the Digital Download podcast, I talk to 2018 CIPR President and author of #FuturePRoof Sarah Hall about the way the public relations industry is developing and some of the big opportunities and threats if faces in the near future.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- What the CIPR’s role is in its 70th anniversary
- Whether the PR industry has a confidence issue
- Why PR needs to be more bullish in order to become a management discipline
- Why PR is sleep walking into the serious threat of AI and what we can do about it
- How the roles of PR people are changing due to automation
- How and why CPD and training needs to develop to be more agile
- What the big opportunities are for PR and comms in the near future
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts I Android Podcast Apps I Email I RSS
Useful Links from Today’s Show
- The #FuturePRoof project
- A Christmas Wish for the PR Industry on PaulSutton.co
- Your 2018 CIPR Plan: Seeking Your Views on Sarah Hall Consulting
- PR Must Assert Itself as a Management Discipline on PR Week
What to do Next
If you enjoyed today’s show, please email it to a friend and/or share it on your favourite social media channels. You might also want to check out Digital Download Membership, which is like having an army of expert mentors to turn to who keep you updated with the latest digital and social media developments and provide feedback and opinions on your ideas.
And finally, it would also be very awesome and hugely appreciated if you’d be able to take a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, as this helps others discover Digital Download.
Thanks for listening!